Saturday, May 22, 2010

DIY, people. DIY.

So, I'm not really the "blogging" type. Good first sentence of a first post, isnt't it...? I set up this puppy, not because I'm a blogger, but because I'm a crafter. Yeah, yeah, I've already accepted my status as a weirdo. I just love to make stuff!
So, here's the plan. I'm creating my appartment bedroom for the fall from the ground up. I am not planning on buying anything decorative, and as few functional things as possible. Making it all from scratch. Documenting all of this on here will let me spread my crafty feathers a little bit, and keep track of costs to see if this turns out to be a successful, low budget, project.
So, without further ado, here is my first craft:

Fairy lights.
Materials:
1 strand of christmas lights from the attic - Free
4 or 5 egg cartons- Free

I cut out the center section of an egg carton to make individual little shades for a strand of Christmas lights. The desired effect is for it to look like a vine of flower lights. I'll probably put these aound my closet doors.

You gotta try this!


Happy crafting!

1 comment: